I feel passionately about building websites on the WordPress platform. I believe in the software and what can be created with WordPress. Here are some of the reasons why…
- WordPress is a powerful, scalable content management system (CMS).
- WordPress web pages are search engine friendly, easy to maintain and fully standards compliant.
- The WordPress platform is constantly being developed by a worldwide team of 1000’s of developers meaning that security loopholes are quickly plugged and updates released on a regular basis.
- WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) worldwide. It’s a proven software trusted by large companies, small businesses and millions of web site owners. WordPress powers around a quarter of all new web sites today and has been continually refined and improved for over eight years now.
- WordPress code is fully compliant with the standards of the W3C. Being standards-compliant is important not only for interoperability with current internet browsers but it also ensures forward compatibility with future tools and technologies.
- There are more than 20,000 WordPress plugins available to install for free which can enhance the user experience of your site.
- And all of that comes for free.
As the mobile and tablet market grows more and more people will view your website across a variety of devices. According to Google, 90% of all media interactions are screen-based and 90% of people use multiple devices to accomplish their goals. Google even recommends webmasters follow the industry best practice of using responsive web design.
There are hundreds of responsive WordPress themes that ensure your content looks right across all devices.